LexAlign Privacy Statement
Last revised August 26, 2021
We respect your privacy. We will not, without your permission, sell, publish or share information that identifies you or any person.
The Type of Information We Collect
- Personal information you provide us such as your name, billing address, e-mail, phone, and credit card number.
- Your username and password to allow access to our Services.
- Company information which you store and use on our system (accessible via our Site).
- Information you provide in the normal course of using our Services.
- Information about your system as it interacts with us such as your IP address and browser information.
- Information about your use of our Services.
- User feedback and other interactions at our Site.
How We Collect Your Information
We collect your information:
- When you create an account on our Site
- When you use our Services
- When you communicate with us, or
- From other parties you designate and authorize us to communicate with on your behalf.
You may review and request changes to your account information by clicking on the “Account” link you will see once you have logged in to our Site, or by contacting us.
Except as specified in this Privacy Statement, we do not permit any third party to collect personal information about an individual’s online activities on our Site.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information:
- to create and maintain your account,
- to communicate with you about your account or our Services,
- to communicate about you with your financial institution or other entity that, in either case, obtains and pays for your license to use our Services, as reasonable and appropriate under your agreement with such financial institution or entity, under applicable law, or otherwise, or on whose behalf you access our Services,
- to securely process the payment transactions to which you and we agree,
- when you interact with us for sales, service, support, registration, and payment,
- to monitor and analyze our system performance and service offerings, to better serve you, and
- to create or provide other products or services to benefit you, your financial institution, or risk management generally in the financial sector, in line with our mission to facilitate compliance and risk management in the financial sector in order to foster innovation and competition in such a highly regulated sector.
With Whom We Share Your Information
- We share your information for our everyday business purposes with service providers in connection with our Services, such as to maintain your account, to process payments that you authorize, or to communicate with you about our Services.
- If you obtain access to our Services on behalf of a financial institution or other entity, or in connection with your relationship with a financial institution or other entity, we may share your information with such financial institution or other entity as reasonable and appropriate under your agreement with it or under applicable law, or otherwise as reasonable and appropriate for it to fulfill its obligations under any such agreement or applicable law.
- With your explicit authorization, we may share your information with parties you designate, such as regulators or creditors or other persons in the company on behalf of which you use our Services.
- We might also disclose your information when it is our lawful duty, such as to respond to court orders and legal investigations, to comply with the laws, regulations and rules by which we are governed.
- We may publish or share combined information from many users, but only in a way that would not allow you or any person to be identified.
We do not share your personal Information for third party promotional use. LexAlign does not sell, rent or trade your personal information.
LexAlign shares your personal information with third parties only as described in this policy. If we decide in the future to change this policy, we will post an amended version of this statement on our Site.
How We Safeguard the Security of Your Information
We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures designed to help prevent unauthorized access, to maintain data security, and to use correctly the information we collect online. These safeguards vary based on the sensitivity of the information that we collect and store.
We comply with applicable laws and security standards. Your sensitive information, such as credit card information, is sent securely. Our staff is trained and required to safeguard your information. Only persons with a reasonable need to access your information in order to perform tasks for us are permitted to do so. Our service providers are bound by contract to maintain the confidentiality and security of your information. We transmit, store, protect and access all cardholder information in compliance with the Payment Card Industry’s Data Security Standards.
Although we take appropriate measures to safeguard against unauthorized disclosures of Information, we cannot assure you that information will never be disclosed, altered or destroyed in a manner that is inconsistent with this Privacy Statement.
Types of cookies we use:
– Required Cookies: These cookies are necessary to enable the basic features of this site to function, such as providing secure log-in or remembering how far you are through an assessment, operational tool, or order.
– Analytical cookies: We may also use Google Analytics and other service providers to collect information regarding visit, or behavior and visitor demographics on our Services. For more information about Google Analytics: google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Please note: Cookies do not contain confidential information such as your home address, telephone number or credit card details. We do not exchange cookies with any third party websites or external data suppliers. If you do choose to disable cookies, you may find that certain sections of our Site do not work properly.
Our Site does not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “do not track” instructions.
Links to Other Sites
We Do Not Intentionally Collect Information on Minors
Only persons who are at least thirteen (13) years old are permitted to open a LexAlign account or use our Services. If you are under 13 years old, you may not use our Site. We do not knowingly collect information from persons under thirteen (13) years of age.
Users outside the United States
If you are visiting us from a location outside of the United States, please keep in mind that we are U.S.-based. This policy governs the information collected by or on behalf of our Site irrespective of where you are located when you access it, browse it, or interact with it. All information we collect from users is stored in the U.S. This means that information you provide us (or that we collect when you use our Site or Services) may be stored outside the province, state and country in which you reside, and subject to the collection, sharing and handling practices described in this policy. In addition, government entities that have jurisdiction over us in the United States (for example, U.S. state or federal courts and law enforcement agencies) may be entitled to access your personal information.
Updates & Effective Date
From time to time, we may update this privacy statement. We will notify you about material changes in the way we treat personal information by sending an email message to the email address on your LexAlign account or by prominently posting a notice on our Site. We encourage you to periodically check back and review this statement so that you will always know our current policy on what information we collect, how we use and protect it, and with whom we share it. This privacy statement is effective as of the “last revised” date shown above.